Monday, February 8, 2010

Something New To Do

Well, here is the beginning of something new. It is absurdly late and I am attempting to set up a blog to capture the essence of my life in words. I'll bet I know what your'e thinking. (You, yawning) What essence? How many words are we talking about here? Oh, nooo...another 'mommy blog'. So, okay...you've got me there. I am a mommy. And a wife. And a writer. And a singer. I'm also a lot of other things which we will get into later. (As interest permits).


You may be wondering what my motivation for doing this might be. Well, so am I. Actually I have had some friends and family members suggest that I give it a try. I have been wanting to chronicle my family life so my kids will have an insight into their childhood from my perspective. I am fully aware that this might not be particularly interesting to them, especially during their teenage years, but maybe someday they will read it and have a few laughs. There...I've just discovered what I want this blog to be. A collection of thoughts and memories to make us laugh. Or cry. Or feel proud. Or shake our heads in disbelief. Whatever. We'll take it as it comes.


One other thing. I can't really leave it there without mentioning that in this process you will hear me refer to God and Jesus a LOT! Why? Because my faith is a huge part of who I am. My love of God is the glue that holds me together and keeps me intact. So be aware that I will talk about God and His mercy and grace which never ceases to amaze and inspire me. Can you handle that? Yea...I figured you could.


So, more later. I'm excited to see where this goes. Next time, I'll introduce you to my family. They're great. And I'm not just saying that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the first to follow. So glad you are doing this. it will be a great way to keep up with the Kingsburys.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. If you do not wish to sign in with an account to leave a comment, simply click on 'ANONYMOUS' then leave your comment and sign your name and/or web address so I'll know who stopped by!